You’ll receive plenty of advice on eating a balanced diet after your bariatric surgery in London, but there are a few extra tips that can help make preparing these nutritious meals a little easier.
The key to cooking healthy meals after bariatric surgery is to prepare carefully. You should set aside some time each week to think about what you are going to eat during the next seven days. Use the advice of your doctor and dietician at the London clinic to come up with some meal plans that match your needs.
- Check that your meals contain the right amount of calories
- Make sure you’re getting a balanced diet with all the right nutrients
- Include plenty of variety in taste, colour and texture throughout the week
- Look for ways to make your life easier by getting extra meals out of your leftovers
Once you know what you’re going to be cooking, you can head to the shops to pick up the ingredients. Don’t be tempted to buy anything that’s not on your list and try to shop when you’re not feeling hungry as this can reduce the temptation to buy the wrong things.
Cooking after bariatric surgery should be something you can enjoy, as long as you’ve done the hard work of preparing a good meal plan in advance. Take your time and try to enjoy the process. Being more aware of the ingredients and effort that go into your meals can help you to appreciate them more, even when you’re on a strict diet. However, you do have to be careful to ensure you’re following your meal plan correctly.
- Don’t graze while you’re cooking or clearing up
- Be precise and measure every ingredient to avoid any extra calories
- Measure each portion and don’t be tempted by any leftovers
- Prepare for days when you won’t have time to cook by setting aside individual portions for the freezer that can easily be heated up
Once your meal is ready, sit down and eat it slowly. Focus on the flavours and allow yourself to enjoy good food in a healthy way.
Watch our valued client Isobel Grayson talking about her experience having Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy by Mr Sanjay Agrawal at The London Obesity Group clinic in London.
Watch our valued client Cristin Casey taking about her experience having consultation from Mr Sanjay Agrawal at The London Obesity Group clinic in London.
Please provide us with a few information or call us on 07876 618424 and a member of our friendly team will be happy to help with your request.
27 Harley Street, London W1G 9QP
Stepney Green, London E1 4NL
Ilford, Essex IG4 5PZ
Buckhurst Hill, Essex IG9 5HX
Harlow, Hertfordshire CM21 0HH
Brentwood Essex CM15 8EH